Buying From Us
Every time you come into Gloria's, we want it to be a great experience. We pride ourselves on our knowledge, experience and customer service. We do not work on commission. So there are never any high pressure sales. We want you to be 100% satisfied when you leave Gloria's. Our goal is to become your go-to jewelers.
Here are some examples of why you should consider Gloria's for all of your jewelry needs.-We offer, and specialize, in custom jewelry. We have a full time designer on staff to walk you through the whole process. She will hand draw your vision, offer suggestions, and execute the final design.
- We have a large selection, of new, previously owned, modern, and one of a kind jewelry.
- We have the widest selection of antique and vintage engagement rings in the Twin Cities
- We own all of our diamonds. Many jewelry stores get their stones from wholesalers. They have to pay a middleman, and you end up paying higher prices. This is not the case at Gloria’s. Because we own all of our own diamonds, we set the prices, and can pass those savings on to you.
- We offer a large assortment of GIA, EGL USA, and AGS certified stones, as well as uncertified. We also sell clarity enhanced diamonds. We carry all sizes, shapes and qualities, to fit any need. This includes large sizes, 2 carat plus, all at the best prices.
- We have a diamond trade-up program. If you buy a diamond from us, we will give you 100% of what you paid for the diamond towards an upgrade.
- We offer the best prices on all our jewelry.
- We have a knowledgeable, friendly staff, who are always ready and willing to help
- You can trade in, or sell, your used or unworn items. We offer top dollar.
- Gemological Institute of America Graduate Gemologist on staff
- Interest-free layaway program
- BBB A+ rating
- Women owned and operated
- In business since 1979
- We buy, sell and trade jewelry every day.
- We offer full service jewelry and watch repair.
- Free appraisal will come with all purchases
Give Gloria’s the opportunity to be your jeweler.
This article is how the Gemological Institute of America, the most reputable gem graders in the world, describes diamond quality.
Every diamond is unique, reflecting the story of its arduous journey from deep inside the earth to a cherished object of adornment. Yet all diamonds share certain features that allow us to compare and evaluate them. These features are called the 4Cs.
One carat equals 0.2 grams. For diamonds under a carat, each carat is divided into 100 points, similar to pennies in a dollar. For instance, 0.75ct. = 75 points and 1/2 ct. = 50 points.
The GIA Clarity Scale includes eleven clarity grades ranging from Flawless to I3. Because diamonds form under conditions of tremendous heat and pressure, internal inclusions and external blemishes are common and help gemologists identify individual stones. The Clarity Scale also helps separate natural diamonds from synthetics and simulants.
The GIA Color Scale extends from D (colorless) to Z (light yellow or brown). Although many people think of diamonds as colorless, most diamonds used in jewelry have subtle tints of yellow or brown. Each letter grade represents a range of color and is a measure of the degree of color within the diamond, all measured by comparing the diamond to a set of master stones.
A polished diamond's proportions affect the performance and interplay of light which, in turn, affects its beauty and desirability. Brightness is the combination of all white light reflecting from both the surface and interior of a diamond. Fire describes the colored flashes that can be seen in a diamond. And scintillation is the sparkle of light you see and the overall pattern of bright and dark areas when you look at a diamond face-up. The design and craftsmanship of a diamond also affect its cut quality, and these factors are considered in determining a diamond's GIA Excellent-to-Poor Cut Grade.
Many diamonds emit a visible light, called fluorescence, when exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
©2002 - 2011 Gemological Institute of America Inc. All rights reserved.